Experts in buying and selling property in London
Aaron J Barclay Property Management
As we specialise in lettings we know how important it is to look after our Landlords and Tenants. This is how we make money, get repeat business and referrals. From a single property to a large portfolio, we have it covered.
Why we're that little bit different!
What we have learned to appreciate over the years is looking after your property is the one factor that is most often overlooked by many estate agents in London.
It can be very worrying and indeed stressful moving out of your home and letting to complete strangers. There is of course sentimental value attached to the place that once you called home.
We make it our personal mission to look after you property on your behalf as instructed.
We are the only estate agents in London who offer 2 monthly inspections of rented properties. This includes a full report, with images which is then emailed to you, the Landlord.
You may think this is too much but issues such as damp or water damage from a leak could be unnoticed by a tenant inadvertently.
We also check for any other damage that goes beyond normal wear and tear so any issue can be highlighted as soon as is practicable.
Honestly, our fully legal and compliant independent property inventories are the most in-depth, clear and concise reports available. We record any issue in detail with large hi-resolution images and detailed commentary.
Reports are delivered electronically and signed by all tenants, not just one.
A check-in service (where the inventory clerk walks around with the incoming tenant) is carried out free of charge too.
Once the tenancy ends a check-out report is also carried out. You have the option to have a paid mid-term inspection carried out too but we think the normal, less intrusive, complimentary 2 monthly inspections are enough. See our full guide: Landlords and property inventories
Advice on your legal obligations
We do everything we can to ensure that a Landlords legal obligations are met. Some of the free services we offer include the following:
- advice on fire safety concerning furnishings such as curtains, bedding, sofas etc
- advice of fire and carbon monoxide safety
- advice on gas safety and boiler regulations
- advice on electrical safety regulations and the testing of portable appliances such as fridges, washing machines and kettles
- advice on obtaining an energy performance certificate
- advice on getting consent to let from your mortgage provider
- advice on tax implications and help with form filling for Landlords abroad
- protecting your tenants deposit through a legal deposit protection scheme
Read more: Landlords and the law
So what else do we do to make the life of a Landlord easier?
Everything is taken care of. Little things you may not have thought of include, but not limited to:
- taking gas and electrical meter readings
- transferring all names on utility bills
- collection of rent
- start of tenancy professional cleaning
- end of tenancy cleaning
- preparation of legal contracts
- 24 point tenant referencing including rental guarantors, bank statements, employer letters and credit scoring
- accompanied viewings, often block multiple viewings or whole day open house type of viewings - we pick up and drop off all our potential clients
- minor issues such as leaking taps, broken handles, lost keys, boiler programmer issues fixed completely free of charge
Piece of mind for Tenant and Landlord
Today's way of life and the demands that Tenants have dictate that a full service property management service should be seriously considered.
Tenants demand this and feel more comfortable dealing with an agency rather than direct with the owner.
Where possible, we maintain a professional relationship with the tenant and we believe, in the long run, this provides a better and financially more productive return for the Landlord.
We always renegotiate an upward increase in rents at the end of a period of tenancy.
Contact and reviews
Contact us for a free market valuation on your property. There's no obligation and we won't hassle you for your business. You can check out hundreds of our reviews to see what our customers think of us and be safe in the knowledge that you are getting truly exceptional customer service - an attitude and aspiration that has been with us from the day we were founded.
Our Trustpilot reviews rank us top out of more than 200 agencies.
Our EstateAgentsUK reviews rank us top out of more than 1,000 agencies.